Frequently Asked Questions
Quick Tips for Applying Online
- To navigate the pages of your application, please click “Return to Previous Page“ instead of using your browser‘s back button.
- Save your application periodically. The online application process will close after 10 minutes of inactivity, and any unsaved information will be lost.
You must first register and create a profile. You can register by clicking New User in the top-right corner. Creating a profile allows you to search for job openings, save search criteria, view notifications, and apply for positions. You may update your profile information as needed. An email address is required when completing the profile. To apply for a position, follow these steps:
- Select a job and click Apply.
- Thoroughly answer all questions on the Complete Application page.
- Click Submit.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama recognizes degrees that are obtained from accrediting agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Click here for a list of recognized degrees.
Resumés must be submitted online when applying for a position. This is the most efficient method of ensuring your resumé is processed in a timely manner. They can be submitted two ways:
- When applying for a specific job, you will be asked to upload a copy of your resumé.
- On the Careers Home page, select Upload Resumé Without Applying to upload an updated copy.
A Cover Letter is not required; however, if included, the content will be reviewed and used to determine whether or not further consideration can be granted. When choosing to include a cover letter, simply upload in the same document as your resumé when applying.
An email address is required in order to submit a resumé online. Some Internet Service Providers will allow you to create a free email account. You may obtain a free email address from one of the following providers:
- Google Gmail
- AOL Mail
- MSN Hotmail
- Yahoo! Mail
- Lycos Mail
In addition, your local public library is equipped to assist you in setting up an email account.
A Staffing associate will review your skills and qualifications. If further consideration can be granted, you will be contacted via email or telephone. If you are not selected to move forward in the process, you will receive an email notifying you of your application status.
Once you have submitted a resumé/application online, you will receive email notification stating that your application was successfully submitted.
You can determine this by viewing the Close date listed under Latest Job Postings. For example, if the Close date is 11/5, you must apply by midnight on 11/5.
Unfortunately, if the posting time has expired, additional applications will not be accepted. You may continue to check Careers for future opportunities.
As an external applicant, there is no limit to the number of positions for which one can apply.
If the position you applied for is still posted, you may withdraw by following these steps:
- Log in to your account at bcbsal.jobs
- Click on My Activities
- The position you applied for will be listed under Applications
- Click Withdraw
If the position is no longer posted, please email email@example.com. Your application will be withdrawn and confirmation will be provided once completed.
A Job Search Agent allows you to receive notifications of job openings that match your specific search criteria. You can create a Job Search Agent by following the steps listed below:
- Go to Careers Home and select Job Search at the top of the page.
- Key your search information such as: keywords, locations, job families, etc.
- Click Save Search
- Name your search and check the box Notify me when new jobs meet my criteria
- Key the email address you would like the job notification to be routed.
- Click Save Search
No, there is no required format. Resumés are used to screen your qualifications against the job's posted qualifications. It is important to ensure your resumé is current and accurate.
Once you have saved a resumé, the system will not allow you to edit a saved resumé. However, you may submit a new resumé by using one of the following options:
- Choose Attach Resumé when applying for a position
- Choose Upload resumé without Applying to add a newly updated resumé.
If you have additional questions, please contact Careers@bcbsal.org.
Click on My Account Information Link to make any needed revisions.
A typical interview lasts approximately 1 hour.
We recommend bringing a copy of your resumé to assist you in completing the application process. Helpful information may include previous work addresses and employment dates.
Always wear professional attire for an interview.
Testing time varies based on the job. On average, a test takes approximately 2 hours.
If you take a test and do not receive an acceptable score, you may retest after six months.
From the Search Open Positions page, click on Sign In.
- If you know your User Name, click Forgot Password. The new password will be emailed to you.
- If you do not know your User Name, click Forgot User Name, enter your email address, and your User Name will be emailed to you.